Skip to content
From the First to the Last
- Wilson takes his first breath on a Tuesday and suffers existential jet lag for the next 12 years.
- When his soul catches up with his body, he begins to wonder if it was worth the wait. He takes up smoking.
- After 3 semi-serious girlfriends and several one night stands (not all with women), Wilson becomes a husband and a father. For a moment, he knows happiness.
- Wilson divorces. He sees his children often but rarely understands them. He gives up smoking. He works hard and moves up the ranks but doesn’t understand how.
- The children are no longer small. Wilson is earning six figures. He takes an overdose of sleeping pills, but is found and resuscitated by his buddy Lewis. After two more failed suicide attempts, Wilson concludes that death is not worth fighting for.
- Wilson becomes a doting grandparent. He adores his granddaughter more than he ever thought possible. Retirement looms. Retirement happens. Nothing much changes except his garden improves.
- Embracing the digital age, Wilson finds love through a dating site. He marries Rita in Hawaii. He feels like he is finally starting to breathe.
- With a full life behind him and an unknown eternity ahead, Wilson finally exhales.
You may also like...