– Yoghurt can be, but then you shouldn’t eat it
– But you would eat the cheese, if it were
– My jumper, which smells of cigarettes from last night’s bar
– Your favourite packet of crisps
– What we call your hair, in that other place, where we’re from
– Yet here, it’s what they call blondes
– The Microsoft Office ribbon
– The packet of flu tablets on the table
– Your tissues
– My handkerchief
– The colour of our sheets
– The space between us, because
– I am here and you are there.
A short piece I wrote for a competition which had the brief “write a list of blue things”. Alas, I didn’t win, but winners will feature in the A3 Review, which is published by the same people who make the very excellent Writing Maps.